2017 is here! Have you found yourself year after year making resolutions that are half fulfilled? I know I have. My goal this year is to enjoy being ME and embracing all of me.
Starting with Wellness
Webster’s definition for wellness is the quality or state of being in good health especially as an actively sought goal. We can go deeper into the science of wellness, according to the National Wellness Institute, and break down the 6 dimensions of wellness and how to incorporate them into our daily lives for overall living for you and your family.
1. How a person contributes to their environment and community, and how to build better living spaces and social networks
2. The enrichment of life through work, and its interconnectedness to living and playing
3. The development of belief systems, values, and creating a world-view
4. The benefits of regular physical activity, healthy eating habits, strength and vitality as well as personal responsibility, self-care and when to seek medical attention
5. Self-esteem, self-control, and determination as a sense of direction
6. Creative and stimulating mental activities, and sharing your gifts with others
There it is guys, the 6 dimensions of wellness. You may be saying that you are already incorporating these dimensions in your daily lives. If so, sit back and reflect on how to improve them and make sure to involve your family in them as well. If not, then take it slow, a little bit of each wellness dimension a day or even just one dimension a day. Here’s to a new ME.
I would love to hear how you plan to incorporate wellness in to your life this coming year. Feel free to leave a comment below. Wishing you all the best!
Camilia Z. Majette, MHSA
Camilia, Founder and CEO of Nailah's Shea, LLC is a mom, wife, friend, global traveler, humanitarian and entrepreneur. She loves to share her knowledge and passion about natural living and wellness with everyone she meets.